Saturday, September 07, 2013

Better After Dark



Disneyland is known as a magical place, but never so much as when the sun goes down...and the lights go up. When it comes to great lighting, Disneyland has it in spades, and nowhere is that more evident than this vintage 1960s photo of the entrance sign. You can just see the tip of the Denny's sign on Harbor Boulevard to the right of this image.

Visitors today miss out on the thrill of a grand entrance, as this pitiful little marker just does not give off the same "you have arrived" vibe.



See more vintage & current Disneyland entrance photos on my DL Entrance web page.

3 comments:

K. Martinez said...

I always loved the yellow "D" sign as well as the old "Happiest Place on Earth" sign. I don't notice the pitiful markers these days since I usually enter the property via Disneyland Drive through the Grand Californian to the Esplanade. It's a more beautiful and relaxing walk than Harbor Blvd.

Darryl said...

I couldn't agree more.

Chrissy @ Adventures in DIY said...

I miss the old sign too. I remember it was always so exciting to see it once we arrived.