Monday, August 25, 2014

January 28, 1977 at Disneyland, Pt. 2



Back to January 28, 1977 for the thrilling conclusion AND the answer to how I know what the date was. First up is a beautiful shot of Skull Rock Cove. I am a sucker for anything showing this area. Obviously, this is a photo-worthy spot, as it is part of the GAF Photo Trail.



A closeup of the Skull. Excellent faux rock work!



Moving down the way to Storybook Land, a shot of our 1970's trio in front of Monstro.



Zooming in for a closer look at the tags they are wearing. Just not close enough to really make out what they are.



However, as they exit the small world boats, we have another opportunity.



Jackpot! It's a Disneyland Passport, dated January 28, 1977.



The façade of small world:



and a closeup of the Bank of America sponsored signage:



Another Fantasyland shot:



With a closeup of the souvenir booth:



Hope you had fun visiting 1977!

See more Daveland vintage (and current!) Disneyland Fantasyland photos at my main website.

3 comments:

K. Martinez said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
K. Martinez said...

Love the last shot plus its zoom-in. I well remember that open view coming from Small World Plaza towards the Matterhorn with the Skyway crossing the path that connected to the Plaza Hub. I used to stop by that souvenir booth from time to time, always finding a something worthwhile to take home. This is the Disneyland I miss.

I really like the slurry in the Small World façade image. It allows the intricate gold and white design to stand out. Sometimes I think Disneyland has become too overloaded with detail with all the pavers and themed cement walkways. Sometimes less is more.

I've definitely had fun visiting 1977. Thanks, Dave.

JG said...

1977 was the last year of Disneyland for me for almost 20 years, so these are pretty special pics.

Especially nice shots of IASW with light crowds. A recent visit to the Disney Family Museum to see the Mary Blair exhibit makes me appreciate that design even more.

Thank you, Dave.

JG