Wednesday, July 29, 2015

A Tale of Two Stations



Because it had already moved to the other side of the tracks by the time I started going to Disneyland, I was never able to step foot inside the original Frontierland Depot. Vintage pictures make me yearn for that ability even more! This December 1959 shot gives me the ability to see some of the cool details like the hardware on this door:



The conductors and their hats:



This previously posted vintage 1955 shot of the front of the station…



supports what I was recently told (but never realized) about how the Frontierland Depot inspired the design of the Toontown Depot:



Who knew? Probably some of you smart readers. Just not me.

Ride the Disneyland Railroad at my main website.

3 comments:

K. Martinez said...

I had no idea about the design connection between the two depots either. Very cool! As the saying goes, you learn something new everyday. Thanks, Dave!

HBG2 said...

Ditto that.

MRaymond said...

I read the Walt wanted the depot that he had given to Ward Kimble before Disneyland was built. That depot was used as a movie set and Walt gave it to Ward after the movie was finished.

Ward didn't want to give it up so Walt had another one built from the same plan.